Updated as of August 2012
A. INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT: PERSONAL AND NON-PERSONAL
We collect two types of information from visitors to the Site: (1) Personal Information; and (2) Non-Personal Information, such as your IP address or cookies.
1. Personal Information
When we use the term “Personal Information” we mean information we may collect that allows others to identify or contact you, including your first and last name, home address, email address, telephone number, instant messenger nickname, blog or other personal website URL. Here are some examples of manners in which we may collect your personal information on the Site:
· If you elect to become a registered user of the Site, you will be required to provide your first and last name, your e-mail address, a password, your date of birth, your gender, your state and your zip code.
· We may collect your email address if you contact us with a question.
· We may collect your first and last name, date of birth, cell phone number and e-mail address if you choose to participate in a contest or sweepstakes offered on the Site, or offered via another means, such as through Twitter or a mobile device. In addition, there may be certain features and functions of the Music Choice services that allow you to submit information, feedback, post content, etc. by e-mail, text message, instant message or other similar technology. For example, you could vote in a poll or send a shout out from your mobile phone or send us your picture or video for broadcast by e-mail. In those instances, we may retain your e-mails and other Information and content you submit to us for our internal purposes and to help us serve you better.
· We may collect your first and last name, your address, and your credit card and billing information if you make a purchase of a product or service from Music Choice.
· You may also provide your mobile phone number to receive text messages (in accordance with the terms herein) when you interact with the Music Choice services. Thereafter, each time you access or participate in interactive features or functions through the Site, Music Choice may ask for certain other, non-personal information from you, such as your music preferences.
· We may collect your name, image or other personal information if you post any content on the Site, such as video files, or other communications made via chat rooms.
· You may also have the opportunity to register to receive newsletters, special promotions and other communications that promote Music Choice, the availability of certain content on our channels, or other products or services offered by us or our business partners. To sign up for or participate in these features or functions, you may be required to provide certain information in order for us to fulfill your requests, personalize your participation, and/or enable you to use such features or functions.
The above list provides an example of the personal information that may be collected on the Site. While you’re under no obligation to provide the information requested, if you decline to do so, Music Choice may be unable to provide you with certain services. If you do not want Music Choice to collect your personal information, please do not provide it to us.
2. Non-Personal Information
“Non-Personal Information” can be technical information or it can be demographic information, such as your age, gender or interests. Non-personal information does NOT identify you personally. Here are some examples of the non-personal information that is collected via the Site and a description of how this information is used:
· Internet Protocol (IP) address – Your IP address is a number that lets computers attached to the Internet know where to send you data – such as the webpages you view. We use this information to deliver our webpages to you upon request, to tailor our Site to the interests of our users and to measure traffic within our Site.
· Demographic Information – “Demographic Information” may be your gender, age, zip code and interests, which you voluntarily provide to us on the Site. We use this information to provide you with personalized services and to analyze trends to ensure the information provided by the Site meets your needs.
· Web Beacons (also known as “clear gifs,” “web bugs” or “pixel tags”) – “Web Beacons” are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to allow us to count users who have visited certain pages of the Site and to help determine the effectiveness of promotional or advertising campaigns. When used in HTML-formatted e-mail messages, web beacons can tell the sender whether and when the e-mail has been opened. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, web beacons are embedded invisibly on web pages.
The above list provides an example of the non-personal information that is collected via the Site. We may collect the above non-personal information from all visitors to our Site. If you do not want Music Choice to have access to this information, please do not visit our Site.
B. Use of Information Collected Via the Site
1. Personal Information
We use your personal information that is collected on the Site primarily for the following purposes:
· To deliver services, such as music requests, programs, information, newsletters or software you request or purchase;
· To contact you regarding the administration of your account or any features or functions you have registered to use;
· To complete a transaction or service requested by you;
· To verify your e-mail address or mobile phone number;
· To enable you to participate in various interactive features or functions at your request;
· To fulfill the terms of a promotion;
· To answer your questions or other requests;
· To send you marketing or promotional e-mails or otherwise alert you to any special offers, unless you have requested not to receive such information;
· To send you bounce back text messages with information regarding your requested transaction and that may include a text advertisement for products or services;
· To contact you regarding your use of the Site or Music Choice services;
· To tailor your experience on the Site and/or otherwise customizing what you see on the Site or the Music Choice services;
· To saving your user ID or other personal information so that you don’t need to re-enter it every time you visit the Site;
· To otherwise administer the Site or your interaction with the Music Choice service; and
· For any other purpose disclosed at the time you provide your personal information.
2. Non-Personal Information
Non-personal information is used as described above and in other ways as permitted by applicable laws, including combining non-personal information with personal information.
For example, Music Choice and its authorized affiliates may use non-personal information and usage data to (i) create marketing analyses and reports showing how Music Choice users, as collective groups, interact with our services, (ii) develop reports that help us and other strategic third parties determine what interests Music Choice users, as a group, or (iii) generally improve our product and service offerings. Such reports will not contain any personal information about you.
C. Sharing and Disclosure of Information
1. Personal Information
We may share or disclose your personal information in the following instances:
(i) To fulfill a service to you. For example, if you choose to watch a video on the Site, we may share your personal information in order to provide the program to you. In addition, if you e-mail us a question, we may use your e-mail address to process your request and respond to your question. Also, if you are entering a sweepstakes or contest, we may use your personal information in order to fulfill the terms of that promotion. This means that we may share the information for prize fulfillment purposes or mail carriers. We also may share your information with the co-sponsor of that promotion.
(ii) To affiliates, strategic partners, agents, third party marketers or other unaffiliated parties who are offering products or services that we believe may be of interest to you or who require your personal information for research, administrative and/or internal business purposes. These parties may use your personal information to contact you with an offer or advertisement related to a product or service, of they may use such information for their own research, administration or business purposes. If you do not want us to share your personal information in this manner, please do not provide us with this information.
(iii) To unaffiliated third-party service providers, agents, independent contractors or Mobile Administrators (see Section G below) who help us maintain our Site and provide other administrative services to us (including, but not limited to, processing your requests, order processing and fulfillment, providing customer service, maintaining and analyzing data, sending customer communications on Music Choice’s behalf, and entry collection, winner selection and prize fulfillment for contests, sweepstakes and other promotions). We seek to ensure that these unaffiliated third parties will not use the personal information for any other purpose than to provide the administrative services for which they are responsible. Because such unaffiliated third-party service providers that help us administer our Site will have access to users’ personal information, if you do not wish for our unaffiliated third-party service providers to have access to your information, please do not register or submit any personal information to us.
(iv) To complete your purchase. If you choose to make a purchase on this Site, we may collect from you your credit card number, billing address and other information related to such purchase, and we may use such collected information in order to fulfill your purchase. We may also provide such information, or other personal information provided by you, to unaffiliated third parties as necessary to complete your purchase (for example, to process your credit card).
(v) To comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal process served on us, protect and defend our rights or property, including the rights and property of Music Choice and the Site or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our end users.
(vi) To third parties as part of any corporate reorganization process including, but not limited to, mergers, acquisitions, and sales of all or substantially all of our assets.
(vii) To track and analyze non-identifying and aggregate usage and volume statistical information from our visitors and customers and provide such information to third parties.
(viii) To protect against potential fraud, we may verify with third parties the information collected from the Site. In the course of such verification, we may receive personal information about you from such services. In particular, if you use a credit card or debit card to purchase services with us, we may use card authorization and fraud screening services to verify that your card information and address matches the information that you supplied to us, and that the card has not been reported as lost or stolen.
2. Non-Personal Information
We use non-personal information collected on the Site in the manner disclosed above, in Section B (2). We may share this non-personal information with third parties.
D. Children Under Age 13
Music Choice does not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register on the Site. If you are under 13 please do not attempt to register on the Site or send us any Personal Information. If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us at email@example.com. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account.
E. Children Between the Ages of 13 and 18
We recommend that minors 13 years or older ask their parents for permission before registering on the Site or using any of the community features of the Music Choice services.
You may opt-out of receiving marketing or promotional e-mails from Music Choice or strategic third parties at any time by going to the link provided at the bottom of any e-mail you receive from Music Choice and opting out of receiving information from Music Choice or by texting STOP in response to any text message you receive from Music Choice.
G. Use of Mobile Administrators
Music Choice will use third party contractors (each, a “Mobile Administrator”) to facilitate consumer interaction with our services via mobile devices, including sending and receiving text messages. For each mobile text message received, Music Choice and the Mobile Administrator will automatically collect the mobile phone number and wireless carrier it came from. If you submit a text message via your mobile device you may receive a bounce back message thanking you for your participation and/or providing further instructions. You understand and agree that you will be charged standard text messaging rates by your wireless carrier for all such messages. Some bounce back messages may contain a promotional message or advertising that promotes Music Choice or third party products or services.
H. Your Disclosure to Third Parties
If you respond to any interactive advertisement or text message offer by a third party, or if you request information about a product or service offered by a third party, then your personal information will be disclosed to such third party. Music Choice cannot control, and makes no representations about, the collection or use of your Information by such third parties. If you chose to register for or subscribe to any such third party product or service, any further correspondence between you and such third party including, without limitation, any resulting contractual agreements, are solely between you and the advertiser/third party. Neither Music Choice nor its distributors will be responsible for upholding any applicable terms, conditions, representations or warranties made by the advertiser/third party in connection therewith and shall otherwise have no liability associated with your interaction with such advertiser/third party.
I. How Can You Correct Any Inaccuracies in Your Personal Information?
You can keep the Information that you provide to us accurate, current and complete by visiting the Site subscription page to update your Information. If user ID and password are required to access the feature, you will need to provide such information to update your registration information.
J. How Is Your Information Protected?
Music Choice operates reasonably secure data networks utilizing firewalls, encryption and password protection systems. Only authorized individuals have access to the personal information provided by you. Despite these practices, no communication network can be 100% secure. Your communications with us will travel through third party networks and systems and Music Choice assumes no responsibility for the security of such networks or systems.
If we learn of a security systems breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using the Site or providing personal information to us you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of the Site. We may post a notice on our Site if a security breach occurs. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
K. Forums, Chat Rooms and Other Public Posting Areas
Please note that any information you include in a message you post to any chat room, forum or other public posting area, including Facebook.com and Twitter.com, is available to anyone with Internet access and may be published or reproduced in other media. Under no circumstances will Music Choice be liable for displaying, broadcasting, or reproducing content that you have publicly posted through our Site or another site. If you don’t want people to know your e-mail address, for example, don’t include it in any message you post publicly. PLEASE BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL WHEN DISCLOSING ANY INFORMATION IN CHAT ROOMS, FORUMS AND OTHER PUBLIC POSTING AREAS. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE BY OTHERS OF THE INFORMATION THAT YOU DISCLOSE IN CHAT ROOMS, FORUMS AND OTHER PUBLIC POSTING AREAS.
L. Third Party Web Sites
This statement applies solely to information collected on the Site. The Site may contain links to other web sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of the content of these other web sites.
M. Third Party Advertisers
We may use advertisers, third party ad networks, and other advertising companies, to serve advertisements on the Site. Please be advised that such advertising companies may gather information about your visit to the Site or other sites (such as through cookies, web beacons and other technologies) to enable such advertising companies to market products or services to you, to monitor which ads have been served to your browser and which webpages you were viewing when such ads were delivered. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices please click http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp. PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS POLICY DOES NOT COVER THE COLLECTION AND USE OF INFORMATION BY SUCH ADVERTISING COMPANIES.
In the event that all or part of our assets are sold or acquired by another party, or in the event of a merger, you grant us the right to assign the personal and non-personal information collected via the Site.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Beginning on January 1, 2005, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our visitors who are California residents to request certain information regarding Music Choice’s disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at:
Effective Date: August 1, 2012
Last Updated: July 31, 2012